Thursday, August 21, 2008

I am a Writer

I am a writer
Not a singer, lyricist, or painter, thought sometimes I dabble
I bring words to life
Some envy what I’ve been blessed with when others simply don’t get it
Books, ink, and paper
I don’t require much to live, even food I oft go without
Coffee, sunlight, peace
A place to ponder existence or word rhyme and placement
God, life, love, my craft
No matter how complicated, it always boils down to some basic essentials
Form is not freedom
I do not lock my words into cages or rhyme or construction
Let the meaning shine
Mostly use the conformity as a game: just see if you can do it
Don’t force the message
When the ink no longer talks you cannot for it to speak
This is your life line
This keeps you alive, sane, and helps define your views
You are not speaking
Let that deepness in you rise up and be heard
I am a writer
So I cannot be limited by anything but myself
I bring words to life
So I will continue to until my syllables no longer breathe

1 comment:

Erin said...

That is really good. It's a nice change of pace from other people's poetry.