Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Some updates and thoughts

Firstly, I have been blessed with a job. I started sometime around November 15 at the local Wal-Mart, working overnights stocking shelves. It's actually a pretty fun job, and most of the people I work with are good people. We have fun, we stock shelves, and we make an extra dollar on the hour just because we work overnights. The sleep thing has taken some getting used to (I work 10p-7a, and then typically sleep from 8a-3p-ish), but I'm getting there. For now, this is a temporary job, lasting until Christmas, but prayer is all I have until then.

Speaking of my possible unemployment status, the Woman and I started to discuss last night that we needed to focus more on the here and now. As she pointed out, we get caught up in a lot of "Tomorrow I will..." And this has led to some problems in our individual and joint lives. However, we are still a great team, and we will continue to be a great team through whatever we come to.

I am about to finish my first and last semester of graduate school at Bible College, the same one that I graduated from. Why my last? Because I am fed up with the program already. I understand that their program is set up for working ministers who are attempting to further their education, but what about the kid who cannot get a church job and is working tourism? What about the kid who does not have office hours to devote to "professional development," but instead has a break room at 3 in the morning with no wi-fi access? All these things and more will be going in a letter to the grad school dean.

And, in a small focus on the future, I need to decide my next step in my educational path. I've thought of a few different areas, but I am just afraid. I do not want to get caught up in a degree path that I will not really enjoy. I guess I need to pray some more about it.

Which brings me to another thing...I need my Savior again. One of the drawbacks of working tourism and retail is that my busiest times are the times when other people are off work. So, this has led to a lack of church and personal growth. Part of this is my fault...I could always pick up the Word instead of checking my ungrown crops on Farmville. But, much like the Woman said, I have fallen into the trap of "Tomorrow I will..."

I am thinking of moving my blog. Probably just to wipe the slate clean and hopefully do something more constructive with it.

For now, I need to do some laundry. Toodles!

No comments: