Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Somehow, through switching schools and living places so much, I have learned to write off lost friendships rather quickly.

And I sit here now, fully prepared to do it again.

I've spent a lot of time recently looking back on my past. From high school to college, I only brought a handful of friendships with me. From college to know, only another handful has come (and some of those are falling between the cracks).

And the sad thing is? Losing friends like this has become too easy.

I've been sad recently. There has been a lot of drama that has popped up in life. I know there are people out there with worse lives and less money than I have, but regardless, it's been a damper on my spirits.

I do have the most wonderful fiancée by my side, however. She is such a comfort to be able to run to and talk to. I do not know where I would be without her.

I also have a select group of friends who helps me get away from everything, and knows when to ask questions and when not to.

And, it is these few friends who I am actually concerned about losing.

I am also concerned about never having a passion again. I just feel like my life has already turned into the work-eat-sleep-work-eat-sleep-work-socialize-eat-sleep pattern of a 50-year-old man who just found out he doesn't have enough money to retire.

This isn't right.

I'm 22, college-educated, and engaged to a beautiful, wonderful woman.

Why do I feel like this?

1 comment:

my words said...

first, we are gonna be hunched over old men trying to get away from our wives on hot afternoons to drink a beer and smoke a pipe while we sit and watch the grass grow...or somethin like that.
second, we gotta pay our dues. if you keep searching and striving for what you want not only will you get it but our father says he will give us the desires of our heart.
have faith that the right job will come when you need it most. father always gives us our daily bread, sometimes it comes right at the last minute but it comes. (lol some kbo at you.)
be encouraged bro. take heart he has overcome the world and you are his!