Monday, June 8, 2009

Musings from the Hill

So, I got online to check email, application submissions, etc., and am now fighting the urge to window-shop for a few different things. I know window shopping is harmless, but it normally ends up stressing me out, because I try and finagle my budget to fit an item I really can't afford, then end up upsetting myself. But that is neither here nor there.

I've been reading a book called Vintage Jesus by Mark Driscoll recently. You should check it out. It's a discussion of the different qualities and characteristics of Christ (such as His humanness, the virgin birth, etc), using the Bible and early church fathers and historians as reference. I have really grown (and laughed!) while reading this.

I'm missing the Woman. She came back for two days last week, only to leave again for a wedding in Florida. So now I'm alone until Thursday...but then she is home for the rest of the summer! =)

Just wanted to throw a quick update up. I need to grab some dinner, then do some reading. And then I'll probably end up doing that window shopping after all. Oh well.

No comments: