Sunday, March 22, 2009

Memories...

I don't know why I started thinking about this tonight, but I did...

When I wrestled in high school I loved to sit by my coaches and listen to them talk about the match and yell at the kids on the mat. It made me feel important, and I learned from it (both for my own benefit and in the hope that I would one day be a coach).

However, I often got in trouble because I would sit in the "debriefing" chair that our assistant coach would use to talk to kids that had just gotten off the mat.

I still do this today...when I am somewhere that I am not an "expert," I will sit around those who are to pick up on what they are saying. Whether it's behind the console in chapel, or off to the side of a construction job, or just around the corner during a heated debate about caves, I enjoy listening to those who know what they are talking about. It makes me feel important still, and I try to learn from it.

I also enjoy people-watching...which plays into this. More on this in another post (I think).

For now, it's bedtime. Goodnight!

No comments: