Monday, March 30, 2009

On coffee, classes, and catching the big one

Ok, "catching the big one" was just the first thing that came to mind. I enjoy alliteration...sue me.

Anyway...coffee. The Woman bought me a French press and some good coffee as an early birthday present. And it is GLORIOUS! I have always enjoyed coffee, but this...this is so much better. To steal from one of my professors:

"Most of the flavor that you get from coffee comes from volatile oils that the beans contain. The problem with volatile oils is that they're volatile; in other words, they dissolve / evaporate / degrade when they come into contact with heat / air.

This, btw, is why coffee made in a percolator smells so good (all the volatile oils are evaporating into the ether) and tastes so flat ("all the oils go bye bye!")" (from Theophilus Punk, link at bottom of post)

Classes...suck. I just want to be done, be graduated, and be a grown-up...just a few more weeks (39 days from today) and that will happen. Hopefully.

And...that is all I have. Last week was really fun and happy and this week the Woman and I are striving to feel the same. She makes me happy...so spending time with her is my top priority for having a good week.

Theophilus Punk: Caffeine, How I Love Thee!

No comments: